cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

scsi drive not seen by dos/Windows setup

Doug Hornyak
Occasional Visitor

scsi drive not seen by dos/Windows setup

I purchased a new ML150 G2 Server. Upon trying to load Windows 2003 Server Standard, the text mode setup could not locate a hard drive. I put the Ultra320 drivers on a floppy and tried again by pressing F6 and using the hp drivers but this did not work.

I created a DOS boot floppy and tried fdisk. It told me there were no fixed disks present. I added a jumper to the pin for Narrow/Wide (36Gb SCSI p/n 306641-005) and fdisk was able to see a drive. Upon trying to create a primary partition, fdisk hangs on "verifying drive (0%)". Windows setup still did not see the drive.

I have tried other jumpers (term power, channel id, start cmd) but no combination works. Termination is on at the adapter and the end of the cable has a terminator as well. The drive is in the middle (I've tried various connectors on the cable) and is the only drive installed.

Is this thing broken or am I missing something?
2 REPLIES
Mark_601
Frequent Advisor

Re: scsi drive not seen by dos/Windows setup

Doug Hornyak
Occasional Visitor

Re: scsi drive not seen by dos/Windows setup

I forgot to mention - I had already gone into the scsi utility and performed a format. It didn't help.

HP phone support had me try another adapter driver downloaded from their site. This didn't work either and they are shipping a new drive.

Thanks for the quick reply, btw.