108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

server Compaq Proliant 3000 diskraid

SOLVED
Go to solution
dogan_1

server Compaq Proliant 3000 diskraid

Dear Friends,

I have a server Compaq Proliant 3000 with 4 hotswapable hard drives of capacity 9*4 in RAID 5 environment . I can use at this moment only 18gb and no more. How can I use 27gb of this diskraid? I will be greatful for helping me in this scenerio.

Best Regards,

Dogan Bostanci
Holland, Ubbergen
4 REPLIES 4
Prashant (I am Back)
Honored Contributor

Re: server Compaq Proliant 3000 diskraid

Hi,

If we are configuring Raid 5 the estimated free space should be 75%.
9GB * 4 = 36 GB
So we should be having 27 GB
SCU should be using 38-40 MB Approx
So, in the current condition we need to install the ACU from web site check configuration for raid and hdd free space. It should be estimated around 25-26 GB of free disk space.

Regards,
Prashant S.
Nothing is impossible
dogan_1

dear,

My server with 9*4 hdd are all in the production bat I see only 18gb in use( 2gb volume sys:, 15 gb volume vol1: and 1gb volume queu) and the other space can I not see.

How can i configure so dat the other space will be seen in my novell 4.11 netware?

Thanks for the answer

Dogan
Seth Parker
Trusted Contributor
Solution

Dogan,

Try using CPQONLIN.NLM. That will let you look at the configuration of the actual array, not what NetWare is seeing. I bet you have a spare configured. That would account for you only seeing 18GB of disk as you would only have 3 disks actively being used in RAID 5. And that would give you 18GB of usable space.

Regards,
Seth
Prashant (I am Back)
Honored Contributor

Hi Dogan,

My point was .
We have the apce there. but are not able to see it. ( if i am right ) Then use some utility which is independent from your Novell to confirm the Space Utilization on Novell box. It can be smart start cd which should be acu/adu which will tell us about utilized space in raid. Where as i am at home now i will send a snapshot of same which we can see from smartcd without nos involvment.

Since i am not a expert in Novel

Regards,
Prashant S.
Nothing is impossible