7869 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

server monitoring

ess
Super Advisor

server monitoring

hi
i need software for monitoring server but not need hp sim. if any software except sim?
tanks for help.
9 REPLIES 9
Oleg Mochkin
Trusted Contributor

Re: server monitoring

Hi,
try IBM Director - http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/management/director/index.html According IBM "Systems Director 6.1 Common Agent can be used to manage certain non-IBM Intel-compatible systems."
BR, Oleg.
Evert Goor
Trusted Contributor

If you like linux and tweaking try nagios.
For one or 2 server a litle over the top. But for larger farms it is a nice framework.
ess
Super Advisor

tanks for help Oleg Mochkin
but this software is free and compatible whit hp proliant?
please send my link a download this software.
have a good time.
Oleg Mochkin
Trusted Contributor

Link for downloads - http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/management/director/downloads/index.html I know that it possible to manage non-IBM servers (e.g. HP Proliant's ) but I have no experience with IBM Director :-(
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

ess, it's foolhardy to try to get IBM Director working with your ProLiants; it will be a very frustrating experience and the quality of information provided will be sub-par (IBM's strategy). You may not care for HP SIM, but it's designed for ProLiant and you can't beat the price...
marsh_1
Honored Contributor

hi,

i'm with david here, having used both, director is very much more geared up for ibm kit and has a very ibm-type interface, which either you love or you hate. i must admit i find it an awful lot harder to live with than hp sim.

fwiw

ess
Super Advisor

tanks for help
if replacement for hp sim software is presence existent for proliant?
if available please help to download.
tanks.
ess
Super Advisor

Hi All
tanks for help but not download software by link is forward if Replacement link.
tanks send my.