ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1748110 Members
3991 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: server performance issues

Phil Straton

server performance issues

I have COMPAQ servers from 1999. They all running Windows 2000, and have similar performance issues. I would like to upgrade all system software, including the firmware, both on the system board and the array controller, and whatever drivers might be appropriate.

I also have the standard Windows performance tuning options in mind, of course.

Can anyone help me with the correct software? In the past I've used softpaqs, ROMPAQAs, etc. I can't remeber all of the details.
3 REPLIES 3
amhakassa
Honored Contributor

Hi Phil,

If you list the server model and generation you will get the links where to download all you need to update your server.

Regards
Amha Kassa
Ken Henault
Honored Contributor

Things have changed since 1999. You can download 2 ISO images that have all the updates you need. The first link below is for the bootable ISO image to upgrade the firmware. The second CD will autorun under Windows and update the drivers and utilities.

http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/22489.html
ftp://ftp.compaq.com/pub/products/servers/supportsoftware/ISO/HPSWM720/HPSWM720_A.720/iso/US/softwaremaintenance-7.20-0.zip
Ken Henault
Infrastructure Architect
HP
e4services
Honored Contributor

If performance is what you are striving for, I would look at upgrading the disk subsystems on the units. Replace the old RAID controller with a modern Ultra320 one at least, then look at updating the drives and even the interconnections.
Again, mention the server model and the performance issue you have.
Hot Swap Hard Drives