Did you mean: 

sktena@gmail.com

SOLVED
Go to solution
skhp
Occasional Visitor

sktena@gmail.com

Hello,
on a DL380 G6 that comes with a 460 watt power supply can I change this power supply and replace it with a 750 watt power supply through the option kit 512327-B21?

thank you
1 REPLY
Solution

Re: sktena@gmail.com

Hi,

Common Slot ProLiant
NOTE: Mixing of power supplies in the same server is not supported. All power supplies must be of the same type, all HP 460W, all HP750W, all 1200w 94%, all 1200w 90%, or all -48V DC. If non-matched power supplies are inserted you will get errors and operation will fail.

It is highly recommended that you use the HP Power Advisor in defining the "Right-Size" power supply for your needs.

HP's ProLiant Common Slot Power supplies meet multiple Energy Efficiency Initiatives:

460W, 92%: Climate Savers Computing Initiative GOLD and ECOS Consulting 80PLUS GOLD
750W, 92%: Climate Savers Computing Initiative GOLD and ECOS Consulting 80PLUS GOLD
1200W, 94%: Climate Savers Computing Initiative Platinum and ECOS Consulting 80PLUS Platinum
1200W, 90%: Climate Savers Computing Initiative Silver and ECOS Consulting 80PLUS Silver
1200W, -48V DC: Climate Savers Computing Initiative Bronze and ECOS Consulting 80PLUS Bronze
NOTE: The 80 PLUS program is a unique forum that unites electric utilities, the computer industry, and consumers in an effort to bring energy efficient technology solutions to the marketplace. 80 Plus independently tests power supply efficiency and publicly posts the results on 80Plus.org.

Redundant Power: Optional (1+ 1 or n+n redundant) power supplies can be purchased through power supply option kits (see Power Supplies for part numbers

HP 460W CS HE Power Supply Kit : 503296-B21
HP 750W CS HE Power Supply Kit : 512327-B21

hope it will resolve ur issue,

This is how we thank each other in the forum

http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/helptips.do?#33

Regards.
Kind Regards,
Erdogan.
I am HPE Employee

If this helps you with your issue, please click the thumb to register a Kudo.
If it resolves the issue, please consider marking it as an Accepted Solution.
The comments in this post are my own and do not represent an official reply from the company. No warranty or guarantees of any kind are expressed in my reply.