ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753831 Members
9550 Online
108806 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

slow data rates -Proliant

roger schmeits

slow data rates -Proliant

I have a Proliant ML370 (1 Gig cpu 750M RAM) that has slow dates thru a AIT-3 External drive. Using Veritas Backup Exec v. 8.6 with all the latest build and patches. The AIT device has a rated through-put of 86 Gig per hour. The current through-put is 400M per minute.
The device is attached to Compaq 64-bit/66Mhz Ultra controller (dual).

We have looked at network card contention, switches, updated drivers, etc without finding a bottleneck.

One that that is consistent is when we backup from the local h/d vs. across the network all rates are fairly consistent .

With that being said has anyone send bottlenecks at the backplane level or even the motherboard level?

I cannot find where the contention is├в ┬ж

Running Win2k with all s/p's and patche
2 REPLIES 2
ernst limbrunner
Trusted Contributor

Re: slow data rates -Proliant

hi roger

can you send me a "survey.txt" file to:

ernst.limbrunner@web.de

use the windows "serch/find file" tool to locate this file.

i will have a close look ... and maybe an answer.

best regards from germany
ernesto
David in Tennessee
Frequent Advisor

Re: slow data rates -Proliant

This is a long shot, but I have a similar configuration ML370G3 with AIT-3. I noticed that there is recent firmware update for Smart Array 5312 controller if you happen to have one. The description "Fixed a problem that unnecessarily caused drives to downshift to slower speeds", so it could be the disk drives that are slowing down. The bug is fixed in firmware version 3.58A 2/12/04.

P.S. I'm very disappointed that HP is dropping AIT-3 as a product. I really like having a swappable tape drive with good capacity.