5384 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

slow netflex 3/P nic

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

slow netflex 3/P nic

hello people,
our PDC has a netflex 3/P nic and its only running at 10mbps. There are 5 other servers and they are running at 100mbps. I've tried several things to try to get the speed up but no luck so far.
I've tried updating the driver.....got an error there.......tried uninstalling the tcp/ip protocol and re-installing....still no good.
I really don't want to reformat and reinstall this server!
Is there anything else I could do to make it faster.
My feeling is that the OS is corrupt to a pretty good degree.

thank you for any advice,
Oskar
4 REPLIES 4
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: slow netflex 3/P nic

This message board is for questions related to Compaq Proliant 1500 model servers only. What is a PDC? Also what is the Compaq 9 digit spare part number that is on the Netflex-3 network controller that you have?

Before you try to reinstall the OS, try the NIC in another Computer system. You may have an older model that does not support 100 Mbps or a failed NIC that does not operate correctly at 100 Mpbs. Since you did not specify what OS is installed and runing on the system we can not determine OS compatibility and what drivers may be required for the NIC to operate correctly. Please provide more information.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

this is a compaq proliant 1500.......
PDC is short for Primary Domain Controller......
OS is windows NT 4.0 with sp6a.........
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

The original Netflex 3/P was a 10 base-T card with the option to install an upgrade model for 100 Base-T support... Do you have that module installed?

100Base-TX UTP Module 169804-001
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

That upgrade module you mentioned is not installed on this machine. What I'm going to do is to buy a new server NIC card. I'm thinking of going with the 3com Etherlink server 10/100 NIC. I was also looking at the Intel Pro 100+..........but I'm leaning towards the 3com.
Any suggestions or opinions on these cards???

thank you,
Oskar