4721 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: smart Array P410i in Embedded Slot error

syed1
Occasional Visitor

smart Array P410i in Embedded Slot error

Hi,

I have a DL380 G6 with 5 drives in a Raid5 configuration.

I have added one more hard disk to my server and i want to expant the smart array logical drive, when i am searching for the expand option its not visible, then i  noticed in the ACU, the error message "Smart array p400i in embedded slot has one or more array accelerator batteries/capacitors that are failed" see attached jpg for the rest of the message.

i have replaced the controller battery twice, but still I am getting the same alert message. Is the error related to controller battery or anything else.

please help me on resolving this error.

4 REPLIES 4
Erdogan Temur
HPE Pro

Hi,

The expand option can be cache battery.
replace the cache battery and cache module together and than controller firmware update. problem will be solved.

Kind Regards,
Erdogan.
No support by private messages. Please ask the forum!

Accept or Kudo

syed1
Occasional Visitor

Thanks !

want to know one more thing, if i upgrade the controller firmware. will it effect my present raid configuratio.

Erdogan Temur
HPE Pro

Hi,
It does not damage the raid structure. You can safely do it.
Kind Regards,
Erdogan.
No support by private messages. Please ask the forum!

Accept or Kudo

Marko_MSI
Advisor

Hello.

I have replaced the cache module batteries with new original batteries, made firmware upgrade on Smart Array P410i controller to version 6.64 (previsous was 6.0), made BIOS upgrade on server Proliant DL 350 G6 and the errors code still remains: Accelerator Temporarily Disabled / Cache Disabled Low Batteries. Any new information regarding this problem?

The IML Log from iLO2: 

POST Error: 1794-Slot X Drive Array - Array Accelerator Battery is charging. The Array Accelerator Cache will be enabled once the battery has been charged. No action is required.

Regards,

Marko