cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

smart array controller 642 in lockup state

irayees
Occasional Visitor

smart array controller 642 in lockup state

i have problem with my server HP Proliant ML 350 generation 4 P . it is not booting and the problem is with array controler it is showing " 17830- smart array 642 controller is in lockup state due to a hardware congigration failure controller is disabled unitl problem is resolved" please help on this issue . Thank you
3 REPLIES
Mi6t0
Trusted Contributor

Re: smart array controller 642 in lockup state

Irayees,

Shut down the server. Pull all the HDDs out (no need to physically remove them, just remove them vrom the connector of the controller). Turn on the server till the controller detects that no HDDs are installed. THen turn it off, pull the disks in and enjoy :-)
BRAVOSHARMA
Visitor

I have problem with my server HP Proliant ML 350 generation G4 P . it is not booting and the problem is with array controler it is showing " 17830- smart array 642 controller is in lockup state due to a hardware configuration failure controller is disabled unitl problem is resolved" . all 4 hdds are blank and not showing any error .please help on this issue . Thank you

BRAVOSHARMA
Visitor

Irayees

i have tried with your suggesion but result is same array contenue in lock-up state . help me