1753666 Members
6065 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: smart array controller

Thomas Taiwo
Occasional Contributor

smart array controller

i install a new smart aray controler in a new ML370 server and put four SCSi disk.While booting it sees the contoller but give this error message 1776 and single SCSI embedde supprt lvd and controller is disable until problem is sove.i try all the PCI and is still giving that error/
3 REPLIES 3
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Hello,
This error message usually is due to SCSI termination. If you are using the PORT internally and have something attached to the same port externally then you will encounter this issue. Please make sure that the port does not have two individual devices attached to it or check the termination of the SCSI chain.

Regards,
Leonard Davison
Frequent Advisor

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/UCR/SupportManual/TPM_338615-2/TPM_338615-2.pdf

This shows that a 1776 error is a SCSI termination issue. Search the pdf for 1776 and it should give you some clues...
e4services
Honored Contributor

I would work your way through the problem to id the source. Remove all the drives first, then remove the cable from the new controller. If that starts up, then just add the cable to the controller, then one drive and so on. Locate when the problem appears.
Hot Swap Hard Drives