ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752667 Members
5446 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: smart array e200i

smart array e200i

I need to configure a Proliant M350 g5 server with smart array e200i one hd 146 gb. When server is powered up, no hard disk is detected, the array is not defined, therefore no hard disk detected; and I'm not able to enter into ORCA to define de array, also I've tried to run the ACU from smart CD but there┬┤s no way to configure anything.
At startup I've tried F8 and Ctrl+A to get into ORCA but there's no way to do it.
┬┐Any suggestion to configure the array?
7 REPLIES 7
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi Maria

what happens when you use smartstart and use ACU? do you see the hard drive?

the HDD has green light?

so you don't get f8 option when controller shows up?
(if this the case I had similar issue the F8 options was not present but on RBSU - bios - there was an option to enable the RAID so after to enable RAID- it was on Advance options - after enable this option I got the F8 for the controller)

I don't have the server on my mind sorry but try that.

also did you check cables? reseat HDD

regards
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor

Hello Maria,

Also reseat HDD, Cables & the E200 Controller; Enable HDD in RBSU; Check RBSU settings; Boot CONTROLLER Order;

Regards,
James.
JKytsi
Honored Contributor

And last but not least ...RBSU-->advanced options-->erase nvram & bootdisk
Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)

You can find me from Twitter @JKytsi

Hi, thanks all of you for your ideas.
I've tried your advises but unfortunatelly I'm still in the same situation:
1) When I tried Smartstart and use ACU I could only see the controler no hard drive
2) The HDD has no light, in fact I've changed from slot 1 to 2 without success, the led's lights on when starting on the server but later no green led niether red led
3) When smart array e200i shows up there's no indication that I can configure the array with any key, the only information shown is array not configure, no logical device and no hard drive detected even I've tried to push f8 when the "smart array ..." legend appears, but as you can imagine nothing happends, the startup process goes on.
4) I've checked the cables and they are properly inserted in the right positions.
5)The smart array controler is set as first option in boot controler
5) I've erased the nvram with the switch and via RBSU advanced options
6) I could not find an option to enable RAID in RBSU, by the way James suggested to enable HDD in RBSU, sorry about the question, but how can I enable it within RBSU? -I did not mention before but, I'm completly new in this stuff, infact my strong point is programming, I'm in charge of the software development department so sorry for my lack of knowledge...

Thanks
HP_Sammy
Trusted Contributor

Hey Maria,

Just 1 drive in server ????? could u provide me the Hp part no of the drive.

Thanks
Cheers :)
chongkan
Trusted Contributor

Hola Maria,

Have you tried to test this drive into a different server to see if it is not failed?

Hi,
disk data is:
146 gb 10K SAS
SINGLE PORT
HP model DG146ABAB4
HP P/N 431954-003
CT 2BAB4026CUWL73
PART NUMBER *9F6066-33*

I don't have any other server to try it...