ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1754020 Members
8004 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

smartstart-ProLiant 330 G3

Pavel Jirava

smartstart-ProLiant 330 G3

I have new server ProLiant330 g3, smart array 641 controller, 1 logical drive 34 GB (RAID 1) and i want to install OS W2k . When i run Smart Start 6.30 , assisted OS installation, all seems to be ok, but in step nr. 6 (insert OS cd) after copiing drivers and rebooting is on my screen "Bad command or file name c:\ " and installation is stopped. What can i do to resolve this problem? Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5
Sigi J
Valued Contributor

Re: smartstart-ProLiant 330 G3

hi pavel,
my first idea is: your server did not find its HD when reboting, so maybe you have to set the 641 as first boot controller in BIOS (F9 when booting).

does thid help?
Pavel Jirava

Hi Sigi
thanks for so quick answer.
boot controller order on my server is : controller1- pci slot 2 , HP smart array cont.
controller2- HP integrated pci ide controller
controller3- pci slot 1 ,HP 64bit/66 wide ultra3 SCSI adapter.
and.... problem persist
Gabriel_24
Occasional Contributor

I also had the same problem with a ML350.
Is your Windows 2000 CD in English? If not, maybe the SmartStart CD doesn't support your language.

Try to install without the SmartStart, when prompted, press F10 (I think) to install the SamrtArray drivers diskette (you have to make it first). And after OS installed, insert the SmartStart CD to install drivers.
Mark Smith_20
Advisor

I also had this same problem in the lab last week and it was caused by a bad NT CD. I found that SS was not able to copy all of the files off of the NT CD (it gave me CRC errors in DOS) and this crashed the installation. I burned a new image of the NT CD and my next install went fine.
dowling-brown
Occasional Advisor

Try to choose the same language between SmartStart Installation and OS.