1752726 Members
5782 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: smartstart after OS install

Frans Brouwer
Advisor

smartstart after OS install

Can anyone tell me how to install smartstart system tools after OS install, there is room on First Array (384MB) which should be sufficient
5 REPLIES 5
Frank Kaufman
Honored Contributor

You can not. The small partition that SmartStart creates for the utilities must be the first partition on the drive. If you have partitioned the drive already and installed the O/S, you will have to do a system erase and run a new install from the SmartStart CD.
Frans Brouwer
Advisor

Thanks for the response, what i tried to do is erase the array , create a new array, put te smartstart CD in the server and create the partition, but before all i have ghosted the system. after creating the partition with tools i ghosted the partition back in the space what i had left over , but GHOST doesn't seem to see the system partition, thus overwriting it again . . . . . . . . . . . .

Any ideas ?
Frank Kaufman
Honored Contributor

Do a system erase.

Run SmartStart and let it create the diagnostics partition. After that install the O/S.

Now you have the correct diagnostics partition and another partition with the basic, unconfigured O/S. Now ghost the saved O/S back to replace/overwrite this second partition.
Frans Brouwer
Advisor

Thanks again, this makes sense ? suppose GHOST sees the partions after initial install ?
Frank Kaufman
Honored Contributor

It should see the partitions, you just make a partition to partition copy.