1748089 Members
4772 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: software with hp proliant ml350 g3

copyfile
Advisor

software with hp proliant ml350 g3

I have get a Hp proliant ml350 G3 to configure. The only think i didn't understand at this momend is if there is a os on the quick start cd. Or an other cd. Cane comeone please tell me if there is a os diliverd with the server ? Thanks for now !
4 REPLIES 4
Rahul Sharma
Frequent Advisor

The OS is not on the CD.....
Smart CD gives os option so that install all the drives accordingly...
any other question feel free ...
copyfile
Advisor

Oke thanks ! Buth now i have an other question i'm going to install windows 2003 server. Must i first normaly format the 2 harddisks and than install windows on the first one ? And howe cane i create it than that the seconds harddisk is always a exact copy of the first so raid ? Cane i do this with the smartstart cd ?
Rahul Sharma
Frequent Advisor

The OS is not delivered with the Hardware. Depends may be you have bought the server from a vendor and probably the person who ordered may or may not have ordered the OS. OS is different and hardware is different.

The server comes with smart start and compnonet mangement CD. You have to configure your hardware first and then install the OS on that.
Rahul Sharma
Frequent Advisor

Yes with everything has to be done with the smart start cd. There is arrary configuration utility (ACU).This will automatically come once you follow the smart start cd steps..
so select the drives create logical drive put them as raid 0+1 which is also knows as Mirror. rest if you have any drives you can config them as Raid 5(minimum 3 drives needed ).
once you have done with your arrary configuration then your server will reboot copy some files and then it will prompt you to put in the OS cd and then you install the win2k3 or what ever.