4955 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion

spp download failed

dex14867489562
Occasional Visitor

spp download failed

hi,

has anyone successfully downloaded some spp recently ?

i try to download these 3 spp and around 56%, i have a download failed :

SPP 2018.03.0 + Supplements

SPP Gen8.1 + Supplements

SPP Gen7.1 + Supplements

i download at 500 Kb/s despite i try to download from 1Gb/s or 2Gb/s internet access.

15 REPLIES 15
Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Re: spp download failed

Hi,

Have you tried with a different browser or Download Managers?

http://h17007.www1.hpe.com/us/en/enterprise/servers/solutions/info-library/index.aspx?cat=smartupdate&subcat=spp

Thank You!
I am a HPE employee

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

dex14867489562
Occasional Visitor

hi, thx for your answer.

i try to download them from my laptop with firefox and i have the same issue.

i try from a windows 2008 server with internet explorer. same issue.

regards

Guillaume

ckeander
Occasional Visitor

Same issue for me.  Happens with multiple machines on multiple browsers trying to download a custom SPP.  Download gets to near 100% and then fails.

This appears to be a known issue according to this splash alert after logging into the SPP download page:.

wstoll
Regular Visitor

It is not a size or browser issue. I have been fighting this for days, through my ISP, direct connected to HPE internal network and multiple browers.  I got the Gen7 kit with ssupplements to work but not the Gen8  8.1+supplements. I tried lots of combinations. I did get a DLServers only with HF 8.7 supplement to work but I need a full kit. I posted this in Yammer yesterday and someone got it escalated as an issue.

Parvez_Admin
Community Manager

Hi,

Thanks for sharing your support experience, we had a confirmation that issue has been resolved now- Please let us know if you are still facing the issue.

Thanks,
Parvez_Admin
I work for HPE
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
CM_Cert_Logo_Color.png
yakupm
Occasional Visitor

Downloading Gen8  8.1+supplements SPP still failing for me.  I tried this last week several times and tried it again today.  The download fails with the message "Failed - Needs authorisation".  This really needs to be fixed!

yakupm
Occasional Visitor

I tried the download again and it worked.  Only thing different was I checked the "Remember me on this computer" box (message may not be exact) so not sure if that was the trick.  Should state that on my connection it took about 4 hours.

Parvez_Admin
Community Manager

Hi,

Glad to hear that it worked..Thank you for the confirmation and we will report the other scenario aswell to the concerned team.

Thanks,
Parvez_Admin
I work for HPE
CM_Cert_Logo_Color.png
JoachimAGS
Visitor

Seems like this problem hasnt been resolved. I'm currently trying to download the custom SPP 2018.09 + Supplements.

Download fails after downloading 1/3 of the ISO. Really annoying!

Retrying now for the third time today. We really need this ISO before the weekend ends. We have techincians travelling to our customer on Monday to upgrade an offline DL380 server.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated! Tried different browsers and the download fails miserably every time. 

BR

Joachim