1752796 Members
5632 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ssh to iLO2 of Proliant servers

Purnima_1
Occasional Contributor

ssh to iLO2 of Proliant servers

I am trying to regulate the power mode of HP Proliant servers by sshing to iLO2.

Can anybody please tell me how to do that?
4 REPLIES 4
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

There are several ways. You can ssh into iLO and use the DMTF SMASH commands. You can use CPQLOCFG, or the PERL scripts and send XML to iLO. This guide explains the various methods and command usage

HP Integrated Lights-Out Management Processor
Scripting and Command Line Resource Guide

http://bizsupport2.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00294268/c00294268.pdf

I normally use the PERL scripts and send the XML commands to iLO

HP Lights-Out XML PERL Scripting Sample for Linux

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=US&swItem=MTX-122d9858d077497ca381eb85a4&prodTypeId=18964&prodSeriesId=397989

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
Purnima_1
Occasional Contributor

Hello Jimmy,

Thank you very much for the reply.

I went through the guide "HP Integrated Lights-Out Management Processor Scripting and Command Line Resource Guide", and tried to use ssh method to login to iLO and issue commands.

I am trying to remotely control the four power regulator modes: Dynamic, Low, High, OS. I issued the following commands accordingly:

hpiLO-> set system1 oemhp_powerreg=off

hpiLO-> set system1 oemhp_powerreg=max

hpiLO-> set system1 oemhp_powerreg=min

hpiLO-> set system1 oemhp_powerreg=auto

Can you please let me know if the above commands are appropriate to control the four different power states.

I really appreciate your reponse. I joined HP 6 months back after my school. I have very minimun knowledge about HP tools and servers.

Thanks
Purnima
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Yes, those commands should work fine. I know "auto" and "max" work, haven't tried the others
No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
Purnima_1
Occasional Contributor

Thanks a lot for your time. I appreciate it.

Purnima