1752273 Members
4702 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

stop and start proliant dl580 g1

nbf

stop and start proliant dl580 g1

hey
my problem is, my server keep start and shut down, i have tryed to take disk out, all pci carts, run ss and turn off ASR but nothing help it keep on run short time and then close down again. is it a hardware problem ? and if, what part
5 REPLIES 5
Mauro Rusignuolo
Trusted Contributor

Re: stop and start proliant dl580 g1

it's a normal shut down or "simply" a power-off?

may be power supplie problem ...

bye.

TJK.
<> Leonardo da Vinci
nbf

no its not normal shut down, and cant see there somthing wrong whit the power, they both have green light.
its run maby 4-5 min then it close down by its self, then i can hear some click and the light for the power blink and then it try to start again, but then only around 1 min run time, if i take the power its run around 5 min sometime longer or less time.
Mauro Rusignuolo
Trusted Contributor

how many CPUs do you have installed?
something new in the system?

bye.

TJK.
<> Leonardo da Vinci
James Crockart

Is it doing the turn-on for about 2 seconds and turn off and turn on for 2 seconds ad nauseum?

This is exactly what is happening with my DL580 and I have tried removing components to troublshoot the problem.

I found a fuse on the System Board and also removed that - but the on/off problem still occoured. This has lead me to beleive that the fuse is faulty and a mere replacement should see me back in action. (It's a bit of a quesionable assumption - but I've run out of ideas.)

I've just asked a quenstion in the forum about how to get a new fuse - fingers crossed.

Cheers,
James

nbf

its have 2 cpu 700 mhz and there not modificed any thing, 1 g ram, 2 power supply, raid controller, and 4 disk so nothing speciel about it.
in case a hardware failer what component can cose it, so i can buy the right part ?
no its run more then 2 sec but it depent sometime up to 10 min and then it shot down, maby something get to hot and then it go down i dont know.