1748181 Members
4020 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

system error or no system disk

HP Proliant DL380G6

system error or no system disk

Hi All
I bought a new server HP Proliant DL 380G6 ( Rack) server and I try to install the server operating software but no hardware is detect but it has three hard disc on it so what it will be the problem and the hard disk also not blink and no light at all so please help me what I could do?
7 REPLIES 7
Cederberg
Honored Contributor

Re: system error or no system disk

Hi.

How are you installing the operating system? Are you using the smartstart cd when deploying or straight of the Windows boot system?

If you are trying to boot straight of the windows CD it doesn't see any harddrives because the windows CD doesn't have any drivers for HP's Raidcontrollers. Use Smartstart to configure the raid and to start the installation.
HP Proliant DL380G6

ok dear I try to install the server with start up Cd and restart and boot from smart Cd and it start to load and I select the language after that I got the page that have Installation , maintenance and so on but I try to install and click install button and I got no system disk so I can`t continue. even when I restat the server I see error message system error or no disk on a black screen dos.is there any other way or step to do on it?
Pavel Bradut Boghita
Frequent Advisor

what version of smartstart disk are you using ?
HP Proliant DL380G6

version 8.3 that come with the server
HP Proliant DL380G6

Hello everybody
I can`t solve the problem still now
is there any one help me
WPH
HP Proliant DL380G6

Hi dear
I am downloading the software
so what is the next step to do is it simply identify the hard disk ......