1753329 Members
5157 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: there are some error when I added second CPU

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

there are some error when I added second CPU

I added second CPU PIII 667 on my ML350 server. the system gived me these errors when the system powered on.
805 : The bootstrap processor is not the lowest steping processor in the position of the processor on the system board to connect the issue.

1801 : microcode patch error
Missing or invalid processor microcode patch. please contact compaq corporation for a new ROM BIOS to support the new processor stepping.

Please help or guide me how can I work for solve this problem.

Thanks a lot
Regard

Mehrdad
2 REPLIES 2
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

The first error means the pocessor need to be reverse. (swap the slots) the higher step version has to be in the first slot. the second is indicating that the step version on the newest processor did not exist when the BIOS version you have in the server was created.
Try removing the processor, upgrade the Bios, then move the existing processor to slot 2 and install the new one in slot two.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

For best results, both processors should be the same speed and step level. Also upgrade the system ROM to the latest version before you install the processor. After you install the processors, run the Compaq system setup program and save the new hardware configuration to CMOS. You can download the system ROM upgrade from this web address.

http://www5.compaq.com/support/files/server/us/download/9311.html