ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752807 Members
5889 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: trying to do firmware upgrade on DL360 Gen9 - Error: Warning!!! unable to mount the file system

maZu
Occasional Collector

trying to do firmware upgrade on DL360 Gen9 - Error: Warning!!! unable to mount the file system

hi all

im trying to do a firmware update on our brand new DL360 Gen 9 server with the latest SPP pack

HP_Service_Pack_for_ProLiant_2014.09.0_792934_001_spp_2014.09.0-SPP2014090.2014_0827.10

i have created a bootable usb key using rufus 2.0, creating the bootable key was successful.
during server bootup i select usb key as the boot source and it starts to launch the HP stuff.. i select automatic update.. it goes a little bit further and then gives me an error... see attachment

i am waiting for the networking guys to make ports available to me so i can try the upgrade via ILO but at the moment i will continue to work on trying to patch them this way as i dont know how long it will be before the network is ready.

has anybody seen this before?
any ideas how to resolve this... ?

ive looked around online but couldnt find a definite answer anywhere so thought id ask..

let me know if you need any more info...

cheers!

4 REPLIES 4
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Re: trying to do firmware upgrade on DL360 Gen9 - Error: Warning!!! unable to mount the file system

my fisrt suggestion would be to create the USB key using the utilities in the SPP. under the /usb directory there is a shell script for Linux and hpusbkey.exe for Windows

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
maZu
Occasional Collector

ok thanks for the tip.. i didnt realise that the usbkey utility was on the iso!

ill give that a shot and see what happens... will post back later today..

thanks

maZu
Occasional Collector

well there you have it... that worked a treat

i find it strange that i had so many problems as ive used rufus before... well thats a lesson learn

will stick to the usbkey tool from now on!

thanks for your help

tuananh0788

My appreciate for the advise. It works finally after several others way to burn this ISO to USB and make it bootable.