6060 Online
108798 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: unablle to see any of my HHD after configuring Raid 5

michelvaillan
Occasional Visitor

unablle to see any of my HHD after configuring Raid 5

Hi,

I have a problem to install 2012 r2 on my DL380 G9 after i configure a raid 5 . I have 4 sata HDD and a bild in raid controller. When i am starting the windows installation it telling me that it doesn't recognize any HDD.

Regards,

Michel V

3 REPLIES 3
parnassus
Honored Contributor

Was the Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 operating system installed through the HPE Intelligent Provisioning menù (selectable during the server booting phase)?

A note: if the 2012 R2 you're planning to install is the Essential edition, the HPE IP method will not let you to decide the installation partition size (it will take the whole logical partition size of the Array). The 2012 R2 Standard edition will not suffer about the above limitation.

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner
michelvaillan
Occasional Visitor

Hi,

Windows Server 2012 R2 operating system is not installed throw HPE Intelligent Provisioning menù. 

I am trying to istall it the old fashion way boot from windows cd.

michel v

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

If your using the embedded "B" series controller, you will probably need to download the driver as I'm not sure it is included on the Windows media.  The "P" series controllers should be recognized by 2012 R2

I spend more time on the Linux side, so I'm not sure what drivers ship with the newer versions of Windows

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum!