cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unattended install (unattend.txt)

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

unattended install (unattend.txt)

During an unattended install, the "Compaq SCSI Controller Drivers for Windows 2000" driver (CPQ32FS2.SYS) is not detected by Windows 2000. The build comes to a halt, and you must manually point Win2K to the right place ($OEM$\TEXTMODE). Anyone any ideas how to stop this behaviour. It is not the case for any of the other SCSI drivers specified in the [oembootfiles] section.

David Edwards
Cable and Wireless Web Hosting
7 REPLIES
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: unattended install (unattend.txt)

I've got the same problem too. If I place the drivers into the \$oem$\textmode directory, Win2K uses them during the textmode. During the PnP-Hardware dedection W2K finds the Controller and wants the drivers. I've also tried to use the OEMPNPDRIVERSPATH = "drivers\net" in the [UNATTENDED] section in the unattend.txt and to work with the $OEM$\$1\PnPDrvs\scsi directory. The setup creates on the systemdrive ($1) the folder \PnPDrvs\scsi and the drivers are copied there too, but W2K still asks the driverdirectory. There is Q260319 on Microsofts Knowledge Base, that describes such a problem with sysdiff and there should be a patch. I haven't tested it yet...
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

I've all but sorted this now - make sure build isn't multiprocessor, and make sure there aren't any uneccessary entries in the UNATTEND.TXT in the [massstoragedrivers] section, such as Adaptec or Symbios entries.

david
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

DAVE, YOU ARE GREAT !
I took the [massstoragedrivers] section of Compaq's unattend installation with Symbios and Adaptec entries. Now I've removed them and the problem is solved. I tested it on a 6400R with 4 Processors. The Processors aren't the problem (in my case)

Greetings Oliver Marti
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

I've all but sorted this now - make sure build isn't multiprocessor, and make sure there aren't any uneccessary entries in the UNATTEND.TXT in the [massstoragedrivers] section, such as Adaptec or Symbios entries.

david
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Oliver - if we are doing similar things then keep my email handy - and send me yours! - daveedwards@hotmail.com
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Hi Dave, I came across your name in the Compaq support forum. I've recently run into the exact problem you've described. I was able to work around it by modifying the inf associated with the controllers I'm using. I don't like having to do this but it seems to be the only way to tell the os exactly where to find the drivers. If you've come up with something cleaner or would like more details on what I've done please let me know.

Thanks... Dwayne
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Now - THIS is what a public forum is all about!

Good job guys!