1752719 Members
5885 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: unknown device

joe youngs_1

unknown device

i have several proliant dl360's and 380's all with the same device manager issue: unknown device, on pci standard isa bridge. is there a way to find out what this item is? i had other unknown devices i fixed installing all the driver sftwr from the download site. nothing from there got this one. thanx in advance.
6 REPLIES 6
Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor

What generation are these servers? Have you installed the Proliant Support Pack on these servers?
The truth is out there, but I forgot the URL..
joe youngs_1

i presume the g5 is what you're referring to? i'll admit i don't know of a support pack. you have any insight?
Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor

On the G5's this device may be the ILO. I assume this is Windows 2003 x86. Here is the link to the PSP:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=1121486&prodNameId=3288144&swEnvOID=1005&swLang=8&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=MTX-c9bcb7244b704812ab33633850
The truth is out there, but I forgot the URL..
joe youngs_1

i do know that two of lights out mgmt drivers on the drivers and sftwr page fixed two of the unknown devices but left this one. i'll take a look at the link and report back. thanx.
joe youngs_1

thanx terry, worked like a charm. and a nice little tool for getting the job done that comes with it. thanx again.
joe youngs_1

solution provided by forum member terry hutchings.