5316 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

unlock Bios Admin Password

Ali-BH

unlock Bios Admin Password

Server: Proliant ML350

Hi all :)
I need to change the Bios Admin Passwor, but when I try to "Set Admin Password" I get the message.
"Admin Password is set and locked"..

so, can any body please tell me how to change the password.
6 REPLIES 6
Shameer.V.A
Respected Contributor

Re: unlock Bios Admin Password

Hi,
In server board there should be a DIP switch/ Jumper for Clear C-MOS password/ Configuration near by C-MOS battery.

You can try by shorting the CMOS battery terminals after removing the battery.

Above operations will remove any custom BIOS changes you have made & you have to use default value for BIOS & change the values if required.

Note: Both Operations should be done while server is swicthed OFF.

Regards,

Shameer
.... See invisible, feel intangible and achieve impossible as everything is possible ....
Ali-BH

Thanks Shameer,

but I do not want to reset the Bios, I know the current password and I just need to change it.
is there a way to do that?

Regards,
Ali.
SPa
Trusted Contributor

Is this a Generation One Server or Higher Generation.

You may use F10 that is System Confiuration Utility for the G1 servers and F9 for the Higher generation Servers.

Matti_Kurkela
Honored Contributor

Can you change all the other BIOS settings?

If not, the password you're currently using is probably the "User Password", which allows you to only view the BIOS settings. It may allow changing *some* of the settings, but not all of them.
MK
Ali-BH

yes, I can change other settings, through pressing F9 so I guess that it is a First Generation server.

and I├в m 100% sure that it is the Admin password. Because I ├в set├в the password to begin with,

again, the problem is that I can not use the same option in the BIOS to change/reset the password.

Thanks again

SPa
Trusted Contributor

Incase you are using the F9 option,the server should be G2 or higher.

To change the password,you will have to clear the Non Volatile Memory using the option available under Advance Features in F9.

This should change the boot controller order and may have to setup again.

I have tried this on a server and it works