1752662 Members
6054 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

upgrade driver raid controller

giuliotn
Occasional Advisor

upgrade driver raid controller

I have used the driver native of Microsoft Windows 2003 Server.
Now I like upgrade the driver with Adaptec driver.
When I reboot the computer with the new driver, the system show the first page "Windows 2003 Server" and then newer.
what can i do ?

thanks
12 REPLIES 12
Terri Harris
Honored Contributor

Re: upgrade driver raid controller

We need to know which Proliant server model you have. And if you do not know the generations (such as DL380 g3), include the CPU speed. If you have added any PCI card (such as adding an Adaptec PCI card), we will need to know the Adaptec model as well. Thanks!
giuliotn
Occasional Advisor

I have Proliant ML 150 G2 with a raid controller adaptec 2010S, 3x70Gb in raid-5,
Windows 2003 SP1. The driver (Microsoft) for scsi was installed when I have installed the s.o..

thanks
Terri Harris
Honored Contributor

Do you have the SCSI or SATA model? The SCSI model comes with a U320 single channel Adaptec SCSI card installed in a PCI slot - it is not a RAID controller. The SATA model has a 4-port SATA controller.
There are 72 GB SCSI drives and 80 GB SATA hard drives - these are the sizes nearest to "70" GB.
giuliotn
Occasional Advisor

ok! I have replace the controller with this (2010S).
I have installed the new 3x72Gb scsi.
Thanks
Terri Harris
Honored Contributor

Thanks for the clarification!
The driver you need for the HP "ML100 SCSI RAID" card (which is an Adaptec 2010S card) with Windows 2003 is here:

http://h18000.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/23853.html
giuliotn
Occasional Advisor

I have just installed it, and in this way I get the problem.
Terri Harris
Honored Contributor

You installed the OS with the Microsoft driver? The driver included on the Microsoft 2003 CD? Then when you updated the driver to the HP driver, is the Microsoft new hardware driver launching automatically? If so, go into the Windows Device Manager and see what is reported under SCSI devices. Attach a screenshot to your reply if necessary.
giuliotn
Occasional Advisor

You installed the OS with the Microsoft driver? yes
The driver included on the Microsoft 2003 CD? yes
Then when you updated the driver to the HP driver, is the Microsoft new hardware driver launching automatically? NO
I have made the installation through Windows Device Manager / update driver/ from path ..
next the system prompt reboot
Terri Harris
Honored Contributor

Hello,
If you still have a problem, I do not understand what the problem is. ?