1751794 Members
5109 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion

upgrades

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

upgrades

I am attempting to upgrade my server drives from 4.3G to 18.9G. I am running SBS 4.5 with a PL1600 6/350 512 64 US. I am a novice with compaq but have the understanding that I will need a mirroring software to accomplish the job? I am also under the impression that I need a rompaq/softpaq upgrade to be able to load the bigger drive on the system? I have went and looked at the downloadable files that are available but I am not sure which of the paqs I would need to download to upgrade. Thank you Please advise.
1 REPLY 1
Mark Cloutier
Respected Contributor

Re: upgrades

for the rompaq you need to check on first boot wether near the system bios date it says p08 or e34..then at the following link you can choose the appropriate rompaq: http://www.compaq.com/support/files/server/us/locate/7_1126.html#180..
as for the upgrade on the drives after the rompaq going from the smaller drivesto the larger can be done two ways...1) if you just want extra space but not necessarily on the same array then simply slowly swap out one old drive at a time for a new one..wait for the rebuild to complete before trying the next one..at the end of this you will have your original array and unused space which you can make into another array..
the other and better way is to backup your data...put the new drives in and configure an array then resotre the data to it..you cannot expand the existing array on this array controller..it doesnt support it
We are here for a good time, not a long time!