Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgrading NT4 to 2003 on ML350 G3

Mark Walby
Occasional Contributor

upgrading NT4 to 2003 on ML350 G3

Hi,

We're trying to upgrade from NT4 to 2003 on a ML350. Basically, the first stumbling block we're having is that there is no netmap.inf for the onboard NC7760 NIC that is reported in 'System Compatibility' stage of 2003 setup. i.e. we're trying to tell 2003 where the drivers for the NIC are but it won't let us choose the .inf supplied by HP. Is there any way of getting around this?

Is there anybody that has succesfully upgraded from NT4 to 2003 on a ML350? I'd be very interested to hear how it went.. - what pitfalls etc...

Also, is there any way of increasing the boot partition from 4gig once 2003 is installed? We have a 642 array controller installed.

We've also made sure that all Fireware (Bios/ROM, NIC, Smart Array controllers) are up-tp-date.

Any pointers, help, experiences would be much appreciated!

thanks.

Mark.
2 REPLIES
Mark Walby
Occasional Contributor

Re: upgrading NT4 to 2003 on ML350 G3

We've also made sure that all FIRMWARE (Bios/ROM, NIC, Smart Array controllers) are up-to-date.

;-)
Doug Wogan
Regular Advisor

Re: upgrading NT4 to 2003 on ML350 G3

Mark.
I would recommend against upgrading. Think about loading your server with Windows 2003 from scratch and reinstall your apps. You'll be much happier in the long run. I promise if you go the upgrade path you'll end up fighting problems that will force you down the re-install path anyway.