5204 Online
108782 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ups R3000XR load

Eelco Kos
Advisor

ups R3000XR load

Hi,

Our ups slowly decharges, about 1% in a week.
It doesn't give any warnings, everything seems ok. Is there a way to check the load on the ups not in percentage, but in Watts ?

Thanks in advance,
Eelco
4 REPLIES 4
Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor

Re: ups R3000XR load

Hi Eelco,

What UPS management software are you currently using? (Lansafe V4 or V5, HP Power Manager V3.0 or 3.1 or HP Rack and Power Management V1.0 etc.) Each has slightly different functionality but the R3000XR is supported on all of them.

Also can you please provide your R3000XR serial number (found at rear- above power outlets) so that it can be checked against any current customer advisories on the product.
The serial number should begin TS followed by another 8 alpha-numeric characters.

Eelco Kos
Advisor

Hi Brian,

A strange thing happend this weekend, the ups fully charged. I will keep monitoring it for a while. If I find out what caused this, I will post it here.

Thanks,
Eelco Kos
Advisor

Hi,

Well a few days later now and the problem has returned. We have several ups's of the same type that work fine. What I found out is that the one having problems has a different firmware version. It has firmware version 0.91, the others have 1.04 or 1.07.
Has someone ever done a firmware upgrade on a ups before and how did it go ? Do all servers attached to it, have to be shutdown ?
Bill Wood_3
Respected Contributor

FW for the UPS is at the following:

http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/servers/proliantstorage/power-protection/software/hard-firmware.html

Instructions are contained in the download.

After upgrading the FW, run a self test. If the battery led remains red, you need a new battery.