ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753792 Members
6957 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

vSphere 7 install on HP DL360P Gen8 - 2x Intel® Xeon® E5-2670 - Lack of Ressources ?

JanNielsen
Occasional Contributor

vSphere 7 install on HP DL360P Gen8 - 2x Intel® Xeon® E5-2670 - Lack of Ressources ?

I have vSphere 7 installation media and license available.

I have second thoughts installing it on my HP DL360P Gen8 - 2x Intel® Xeon® E5-2670 192GB RAM,

because the the latest supported version is 6.0.0U3

How would it lack on ressources installing it? How would it impact performance ?

I'm an educator in a faculty, and this is my only option, without getting older licenses.

This is a try out, before considering new equipment in the future. I'm looking for knowledge in optimal performance, when educating. and for best performance in showing PoC's

Best Regard

Jan Hoppe Winther Nielsen

4 REPLIES 4
support_s
System Recommended

Query: vSphere 7 install on HP DL360P Gen8 - 2x Intel® Xeon® E5-2670 - Lack of Ressources ?

System recommended content:

1. HP ProLiant DL360p Generation 8 (Gen8)

2. HP ProLiant DL360p Generation 8 (Gen8) – North America version

If the above information is helpful, then please click on "Thumbs Up/Kudo" icon.

Thank you for being a HPE community member.

Accept or Kudo

JanNielsen
Occasional Contributor

Re: Query: vSphere 7 install on HP DL360P Gen8 - 2x Intel® Xeon® E5-2670 - Lack of Ressour

I was more interested if the the model would lack on an ressources installing vsphere 7 esxi on my server, than the specs. Has anyone some experiences about that. I know vSphere 7 esxi can run on the server but, would it lack on performance of anykind.

Best Regards

Jan

Jags_21
HPE Pro

Re: Query: vSphere 7 install on HP DL360P Gen8 - 2x Intel® Xeon® E5-2670 - Lack of Ressour

Hi JanNielsen,

To mention on performance we cannot say what exactly the issue might arise but on my personal note there could be PSOD's now then on compute point of view I hope you would be tweaking some settings to install ESXi that could impact on the VMs as well, also there might be driver issues.

Thanks

Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

JanNielsen
Occasional Contributor

Hi.

I've sucessfully installed driver for CPU and latest ILO. I think I managed to update Raid controller as well. Then i Installed SPP 8 Gen and by advice SPP Gen 9. Installed Esxi 7.0U3 and everything seems to work all right. 

Regarding the first question, how to update or auto update for optimal or highest performance, I didn't seem to get any useful answers.

I used a lot of info fro yours, vmware  and other websites, to conquer the obvious. There is no regular how to guide, simplified basics. Everything is wrapped in to much useless info. 

This could be simplified.

I know if you pay a lot of money, you can get all the support you need, but in my case, I'm working in a faculty, and only uses the servers for educational labs. We do have subscriptions through hpe partner, but in my department it is to much effort to use, to contact relevant department, let them contact partner or direct to hpe.

I'm a data technician and better provided simplified "how to" would be preffered in the future.

Best regards

Jan