5306 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion

vSphere reporting storage controller warning after updating HP bundle

DeltaManagement
Occasional Contributor

vSphere reporting storage controller warning after updating HP bundle

Hi.

We are running VMware vSphere 5.1 on a number of DL360 servers (G6-G8). I recently started patching them with update manager, using the HP repository to update the HP components. After patching the first ones, I noticed that they displayed a warning in Hardware Status, for the storage controllers (P4x0i). I used hpacucli from the console of the hosts, but it did not show any problems with the RAID controllers. On the next host, I installed the HP updates one by one, and was able to pinpoint the problem to one specific VIB.

It appears that the warning is displayed after hp-smx-provider is updated from version 500.03.01.10.2-434156 to version 500.03.02.00.23-434156.

The only other VIBs that were updated during my patching was hp-ams and hpacucli, and these did not affect the hardware status.

Does anyone else have experience of this? It looks like this version of the packages was released 2013-02-19, so I suppose someone else has installed them on their hosts?

1 REPLY 1
DeltaManagement
Occasional Contributor

Re: vSphere reporting storage controller warning after updating HP bundle

I installed the hp-smx-provider vib from the previous bundle relase, and everything looks fine again. I guess I will have to make a test install next time a new version is released.