ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753947 Members
7545 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: version control agent saying I need Intel Chipset Identifier for Windows Server 2003

mark q
Regular Advisor

version control agent saying I need Intel Chipset Identifier for Windows Server 2003

the vcagent is picking up that I need the Intel Chipset Identifier for Windows Server 2003 when these are amd servers.

so all of my version control are now showing yellow even though everything that can be installed is up to date.

any idea as to how to fix this?
10 REPLIES 10
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

Re: version control agent saying I need Intel Chipset Identifier for Windows Server 2003

hi

so you have install the latest Proliant Support Pack? 8.0?

Steps:

you can try either:

1. Rename the file C:\hp\hpsmh\data\cgi-bin\vcagent\discovery\hpsum_swdiscovery.exe to hpsum_swdiscovery.exo

or

2. Delete the built- in discovery module to automatically cause VCA to fall back to software inventory based on the foundation agent. If VCA is installed on the C drive, delete the "C:\hp\hpsmh\data\cgi-bin\vcagent\Discovery" folder and restart HP VCA service from Windows Service Manager. SNMP services must be installed and configured. Insight Management Agents must be installed and configured.

from this advisory
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c01092497&dimid=1445541780&dicid=alr_jun07&jumpid=em_alerts/us/jun07/all/xbu/emailsubid/mrm/mcc/loc/rbu_category/alerts

let us know

Regards
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
mark q
Regular Advisor

so far this is only happening bl25 g1's, I've managed to track it down to the model number.

we do have some single core and dual core machines but it happens every time on these particular models.

mark q
Regular Advisor

and yes I do have the latest support paq.
mark q
Regular Advisor

does not fix it when I got rid of the directory - restarted vcagent, then restarted smh.

then I restarted snmp - still isn't working.
mark q
Regular Advisor

it's also not detecting that the rom's are upgraded (system rom) even though they are, I just checked it again.

This did have the hp protect your data installed during the upgrade (removed after).
Rich Purvis
Honored Contributor

Hey Mark,
The VC Agent just does a comparison of data found in an SNMP software table that is populated by the foundation agent. It is possible the SNMP foundation agent had an issue populating the table or somehow some incorrect data found its way into the table. Newer versions of the VCA have a standalone interrogation process in the absence of SNMP. You might try stopping the SNMP service and then run VCA and see if it properly identifies the elements in your system. That would at least point to the issue being in the foundation agent/SNMP table. Good luck,

-Rich
Why does my tivo keep recording Nickelodeon?
mark q
Regular Advisor

so far it's only happening on bl25 g1's to be honest I have to work on rolling out the support paq's and then I'm keeping a log of all of the problems with vcagent to call hp about.

I wish someone had a fix though it's really irritating when your running current software and the devices all show yellow for 1 model number
mark q
Regular Advisor

so stop snmp & restart version control? is there a fix for this?
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi

so far the only idea I have but not the recommended one is stop VCA service (windows services)

if not well call hp and let us know the result so far I don't think there is an easy fix even from HP but If I wrong please post the fix.

just in case if you remove the entry "ntel Chipset" from windows Microsoft ???

regards
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!