108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: want to reformat scsi disk

SOLVED
Go to solution
NetworkSystems
Advisor

want to reformat scsi disk

initially I wanted to reinstall w2k3 on my ML 150 G3 (no smart start on this model, you have to use floppy)

I pulled out my old floppy from the initial install/setup..etc and ran through process (f6) and when I get to load drivers..that's where it ends. no fire. getting the "cannot find drive deal..yeah..yeah..even though it's there during post" ...etc lol

the server is for prototyping, so it's a non prod. just want to fresh install 2k3 again and develop/test some stuff before investing heavily in the "go live" deal.

the orig. install has gotten corrupted also. no asr disk..etc. (non prod remember)

one scsi drive , no raid set up. I run embedded sata raid controller lsi asa 1068

I just want to reformat the drive now and start from scratch.

feel me in on this. any software recommendations..etc to boot from floopy.
5 REPLIES 5
Bill Costigan
Honored Contributor

If you want to wipe the disk clean, use the raid controller and delete and recreate the array. I suspect the install on the floppy doesn't have the drivers to talk to the sata/scsi disk.

I didn't even think there was a 2k3 install floppy. I would start with the smart-start CD to initialize the disk, and load the necessary drivers. It will then ask for the Windows install CDs
Greybeard
Esteemed Contributor
Solution

Hi, the LSI 1068 chipset driver for windows is here http://www.lsi.com/storage_home/products_home/standard_product_ics/sas_ics/lsisas1068/index.html?remote=1&locale=EN

good luck

thanks guys, I will give this a shot and keep you guys posted.
NetworkSystems
Advisor

I went through some other post(s) that were similar to mine. Noticed they mentioned this nlite program.

I used it and also the lsi link provided above for my controller (thanks)worked like a charm.

nlite was simple. basically follow the wizard, import your driver..etc and burn the image to cd all in one application.

thanks guys.
NetworkSystems
Advisor

I went through some other post(s) that were similar to mine. Noticed they mentioned this nlite program.

I used it and also the lsi link provided above for my controller (thanks)worked like a charm.

nlite was simple. basically follow the wizard, import your driver..etc and burn the image to cd all in one application.

thanks guys.