2720 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: windows 2003 cluster

Muhammad Shamroze
Frequent Advisor

windows 2003 cluster

Hi,
I am new to the Cluster as I want to configure two node clustering on windows 2003 with I have two DL380 server's one shared storage MSA 1500 and Brocade switches.

And in this two node cluster I want to configure Active Directory + Exchange Server

So could any body help me or send me documentation or any link to configure the Two node Cluster Windows 2003 with Active Directory and Exchange Server

Please Reply soon so ill be thankful
3 REPLIES 3
Patrick Terlisten
Honored Contributor

Hello,

take a look at this document:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/DE/Guides/Ex2k3DepGuide/9f5b91cd-d7c2-409d-81a0-033a23e1faee.mspx?mfr=true

Please note that you can't cluster domain controllers. If you want to make your AD high available, please setup at least two DCs in you AD.

You shouldn't use DC as nodes for a cluster.

Regards,
Patrick
Best regards,
Patrick
Muhammad Shamroze
Frequent Advisor

hey patrick what u mean by two Domain controller's u mean to say both node should have active directory and domain controller and one thing more i ask that first install win OS and then configure Cluster admin after clustering then configure domain controller or after installation of OS,configure AD then configure cluster and please send me links in english, the previous link which u have send was in dutch
Patrick Terlisten
Honored Contributor

Hello Muhammad,

sorry for the german links, my browser showed the pages in german, and I copy 'n paste the links to ITRC.

I wouldn't use DCs as nodes for a cluster. The clusters I build had standalone servers as cluster nodes. But if you want to use DCs as cluster nodes, you should promote the standalone servers to DCs and then setup the first cluster node. Then join the second node to the cluster.

Here is the above posted link in english:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/Guides/Ex2k3DepGuide/9f5b91cd-d7c2-409d-81a0-033a23e1faee.mspx?mfr=true

Regards,
Patrick

Best regards,
Patrick