1753587 Members
7263 Online
108796 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

windows server-sata hard drive-blue screen nlite

javier_mm021
Occasional Contributor

windows server-sata hard drive-blue screen nlite

I'm installing windows 2003 server on proliant ml 350, and e/time I format the h.d and reboot it, when it read again from the cd start over again.

I`ve tried with nlite so I can install the sata controller but it doesn`t work at all, it says on a blue screen remove newly installed hard drivers controllers.

I have only one sata h.d

What can should I do?
3 REPLIES 3
Proliantstud
Frequent Advisor

Re: windows server-sata hard drive-blue screen nlite

Hi

I hope you are using an External USB CD ROM drive. If yes, try using Internal CD/DVD drive. You can also copy the Windows nlite image to a USB pen drive and install from the pen drive. The issue is due to the inaccessible boot device while installing. We have a hotfix in Microsoft for this.

Use HP USB Key Utility for Windows for converting the Windows image to USB pen drive.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=1121586&prodNameId=3279711&swEnvOID=1005&swLang=8&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=MTX-f7adf0b120004742b2b24076bb

Hope this fixes the issue.

Cheers
javier_mm021
Occasional Contributor

I`m using an internal cd/dvd drive,
Proliantstud
Frequent Advisor

I am not sure about the controller installed and the generation of the server. However, if it is a embedded sata raid controller and SATA RAID enabled, we require to configure the Drive as RAID 0. Use ├в Ctrl + A├в or F8 immediately after booting.
If you wish to disable SATA RAID, enter RBSU ├в F9├в , and try disabling SATA RAID. This may resolve the issue.

Wish you lot of luck.

Cheers├в ┬ж