ProLiant Servers - Netservers

1850R controller configuration during SmartStart setup

Matthew Ball

1850R controller configuration during SmartStart setup

I am trying to rebuild a Proliant 1850R. I have the SmartStart 5.50 CD. I have erased everything, rebooted but the setup bypasses the section for the Array Controller Configuration. This box has the "Compaq Wide-Ultra SCSI controller on Port 1".
If I let it run, I can install the OS and mirror it with Windows, but I don't want to do it that way. Any thoughts on why it is bypassing controller utility? I have tried other drives, older SmartStart disks, used the "Compaq Erase" utility. The controller worked fine before this rebuild attempt and if I go in and look at the configuration, I see the controller and hard drives. I am missing something simple I am sure. Any help out there?
2 REPLIES 2
Stephen Kebbell
Honored Contributor

Re: 1850R controller configuration during SmartStart setup

Hi,

the 1850R does not have an onboard array controller. Just a normal SCSI controller. Any RAID controller would be in a PCI slot. Do you get any prompts during POST for any Smart Array controller?
If the server does not see any Smart Array controller, then SmartStart will not run Array Configuration Utility.

Regards,
Stephen
Matthew Ball

Re: 1850R controller configuration during SmartStart setup

That was it, the controller was not a RAID controller. Boy do I feel like a horse's #$%^%. Thanks for the help.