ProLiant Servers - Netservers
1752577 Members
4359 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: 2020r2 server does not see the assembled RAID1 marvel during installation.

propeller25
Occasional Visitor

2020r2 server does not see the assembled RAID1 marvel during installation.

Good time. Bought a GEN10 microserver. I'm trying to install marvell raid windows server 2012r2.
There is not one suitable driver on the driver page!
The assembled RAID1 is only visible from bios or marvel raid. Help with a working driver!
4 REPLIES 4
Pallavi_V
HPE Pro

Hi @propeller25 

If there is a prompt to Controller Load Driver while installing the Windows Operating System, below is the link:  

HPE Smart Array Gen10 Controller Driver for Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2016, and Windows Server 2019 : https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=MTX-dfdc3a7add474ddbaa5701f7c7

NOTE : This component provides support for the HPE Smart Array Gen10 E-series and P-series controllers

Download and extract the content in a folder and make sure it is accessible while installation. 

Additionally, refer to Page 12 Page 12 - Installing an operating system from the HPE Rapid Setup Software Installationand Configuration Guide : https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=a00054164en_us 

Thank you, 

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

propeller25
Occasional Visitor

I substituted this driver and win2012r2 did not see raid1. This is HPE Smart Array and you need a driver from the built-in marvel. Still have options?

Vador
HPE Pro

Hello @propeller25 ,

Ideally, there should not be a need to provide a driver for the Marvell controller. This controller by default runs in AHCI mode and the Windows inbox drivers should pick it up. Kindly ensure that you have a recent (try to get the latest version if possible) version of Windows 2012 R2 image and it should work.

Regards,

Nirav Vador

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

propeller25
Occasional Visitor

You may not have read my first post.
ACHI without problems, and when I collect the disks in RAID1, the array is not visible and the axis is not set.
Where to get the driver on marvell under RAID?