ProLiant Servers - Netservers

532 smart array ml350 netware 6 expand raid

nick phillips-holt

532 smart array ml350 netware 6 expand raid

Please can anyone help.
I have a 532 smart array on a ml350 with netware 6 sp 5 installed. The server has reached capacity and I need to expand the existing raid 5 without loosing data, the server is at my disposal and can be restarted as and when, I dont fancy doing a complete reinstall even though I have complete daily backups.
2 REPLIES 2
Chris Rosan
Valued Contributor

Re: 532 smart array ml350 netware 6 expand raid

Nick,

You can simply add another drive to your server, but it needs to be the same.

So if you've got a 72G 10K U3 drive, add the same drive. If you add a different size or speed drive you'll end up with the worst performance of all the drives (ie if you add a U3 drive to U320 system, the entire system will slow to U3 etc.

You can "extend" the raid through either the ACU (array configuration utility) on the smartstart disk, or see if there is one for netware.

Then you simply need to add more space to netware. I can't help here sorry.
Chris Rosan
Valued Contributor

Re: 532 smart array ml350 netware 6 expand raid

Nick,

You can simply add another drive to your server, but it needs to be the same.

So if you've got a 72G 10K U3 drive, add the same drive. If you add a different size or speed drive you'll end up with the worst performance of all the drives (ie if you add a U3 drive to U320 system, the entire system will slow to U3 etc.

You can "extend" the raid through either the ACU (array configuration utility) on the smartstart disk, or see if there is one for netware.

Then you simply need to add more space to netware. I can't help here sorry, but i know it can be done.