ProLiant Servers - Netservers
1752795 Members
6825 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: ADD DISC IN SERVER HP PROLIANT M310e v.2. (AGREGAR DISCO EN SERVIDOR HP PROLIANT M310e v.2.)

SOLVED
Go to solution
davidrlz
Occasional Contributor

ADD DISC IN SERVER HP PROLIANT M310e v.2. (AGREGAR DISCO EN SERVIDOR HP PROLIANT M310e v.2.)

Hola amigos, tengo un servidor HP PROLIANT M310e v.2. en el cual estoy tratando de agregar un disco duro Seagate de 4 TB, lo busco en administrador de discos de mi sistema operativo y no lo encuentro, pero ingreso a HP INSIGHT DIAGNOSTICS y encuentro el disco pero no me lo reconoce el sistema operativo  (Windows server 2012 R2 Standard) no sé si tengo que agregarle un arreglo o algo con el SMART START, estoy confundido me colaboran por favor.

Hello friends, I have an HP PROLIANT M310e v.2 server. in which I'm trying to add a 4 TB Seagate hard drive, I look for it in my operating system's disk manager and I can not find it, but I enter HP INSIGHT DIAGNOSTICS and find the disk but it is not recognized by the operating system (Windows server 2012 R2 Standard) I do not know if I have to add an arrangement or something with SMART START, I'm confused, please help me.

4 REPLIES 4
krasinka1409
HPE Pro

Re: ADD DISC IN SERVER HP PROLIANT M310e v.2. (AGREGAR DISCO EN SERVIDOR HP PROLIANT M310e v.2.)

Hello, 

fisrt of all the drive may not be recognized, if it is non HPE branded. 

In order to be able to see and use the storage of the drive on OS level, you need first to configure it in a single array (RAID 0). 

I guess you have a Windows OS on the server ? If yes, you may use the HPE Smart Storage Administrator in order to configure the drive as RAID 0. 

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=MTX_b9cc4817c72c42baa1f1bb2093

The drive should appear under "unassigned drives" in the controller section. Select it and configure RAID 0. Afterwards it should be visible and usable on OS level. 

BR

Thank you
I am an HPE Employee
davidrlz
Occasional Contributor

Hi, I already use the tool that you said and it worked for me only that it does not let me partition the whole disk that is 4 TB, it leaves me 1.6 Gb without assigning I do not know if I did something wrong. thank you very much for your comments.

krasinka1409
HPE Pro
Solution

HEllo, 

the 2TB are limited by Microsoft. 

Check following article:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/2581408/windows-support-for-hard-disks-that-are-larger-than-2-tb

Overall requirements for a non-bootable data volume

For a system to be able to address the maximum capacity of a device that has a storage capacity of more than 2 TB, the following prerequisites apply: 

• The disk must be initialized by using GPT.
  • The Windows version must be one of the following (32-bit or 64-bit, unless otherwise noted, but including all SKU editions):
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 (only 64 bit version available)
    • Windows Server 2008
    • Windows 7
    • Windows Vista
Thank you
I am an HPE Employee
davidrlz
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Bro.

you helped me a lot