1752777 Members
6077 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Adding a PCI Riloe2 Card on a DL380 G5

Benjamin Parmentier

Adding a PCI Riloe2 Card on a DL380 G5

Hi,

We want to have two different ILo2 port : one for remote access and the second to fence the server with a High Availability application.

Why do we not use same port ? For security reasons. Integrated ILo2 port is use on a specific LAN where all our servers are connected. So if the HA application have a bug or someone make a mistake it was really problematic.

So I would like to known if it was possible to add a PCI Riloe2 Card on a DL380 G5 ? If I add this PCI card, does it desactivate the integrated ILo2 port ?

Thanks in advance.

Bye
2 REPLIES 2
Paulo Badilla
Advisor

Hello, well as far as I could investigate the Riloe II is a 32 bit PCI with its own MAc address. So I really don't think it will deactivate the normal ilo.

Regarding the actual compatibility I found this site. http://h18013.www1.hp.com/products/servers/management/remotemgmt/supported-servers.html
NOTE: The Remote Insight Lights-Out Edition II USB Virtual Media feature is not supported on the 2.40 and 2.80 GHz versions of the ProLiant DL380 G3 and ProLiant ML370 G3 servers. The Remote Insight Lights-Out Edition II cannot be used to connect the local client floppy and CD devices as USB virtual devices to the remote server. All other Remote Insight Lights-Out Edition II features are supported on these servers. The non-USB based Remote Insight Lights-Out Edition II Virtual Floppy feature is still supported, allowing you to perform functions such as remote ROM upgrades and server deployment. The Virtual Floppy feature requires loading the floppy image in to the Remote Insight Lights-Out Edition II. For more details, please refer to the user guide of the Remote Insight Lights-Out Edition II.
Peter Karle
Frequent Advisor

Sorry, but installing a RILOE2-board in a Proliant server will definitely deactivate the onboard ilo.