1752798 Members
5714 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: All disk fail on netserver e800

Marco Centonza

All disk fail on netserver e800

Hi,
the controller has lost the raid configuration and the server doesn't start?
Pressing m for the configuration I see 4 disk fault and a logical drive offline.
Please, help me.

Marco
3 REPLIES 3
Sean T. Craig
Honored Contributor

Hi Marco,

If M sees the logical drive offline, then it has not lost the RAID configuration. Are there any messages on post about NVRAM Mismatches? If so, you need to deal with that first. In a normal mismatch, the configuration on the controller doesn't match what is on the drives. From the Management Menu of M, select Configure-->View/Add/Delete Configuration and see if it gives you a choice of NVRAM or Disk config. Compare the 2 and if one of them has all drives online, save that one and it will synchronize.

If there is no mismatch and you are just getting all drives failed, go into Objects-->Physical Drive and check the properties of all the drives. If one of the drives has an issue (not responding, media errors, 0MB capacity, etc) force the other 3 drives online and boot the server. You should be able to boot to a degraded state.

If one of the drives has Media Errors, you will need to try to remap those sectors before rebuilding. The only way to do that is to connect the drives to the embedded SCSI controller and perform a Media Verify operation.

If the 3 drives you try to force online fail to boot the server, you can try to leave a different drive offline, but any drive that is not responding or show 0MB of capacity will not be usable. Likewise, if you have more than 1 drive that is bad, you will have lost everything and will need to restore from backup.

Ciao for now and best of luck,

Sean T. Craig Sr. C.E.T., M.C.P.

P.S. Please encourage participation in the forums by assigning points rating the value of the responses.
I am King...of my apartment.
omar_fc
Occasional Contributor

Hi Sean:

You can detail more of remap

thanks

Omar

Sean T. Craig
Honored Contributor

Marco,

Please post your questions in their own threads.

Thanks,

Sean T. Craig Sr. C.E.T., M.C.P.

I am King...of my apartment.