1748216 Members
4086 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Array Acceleration fails when transfering files via VNC

Patrick Bushe
Occasional Advisor

Array Acceleration fails when transfering files via VNC

I have a ProLiant 6500 with a Smart Arrau 4200 running Server 2003.

The server boots with no errors.

If I establish a connection to the server via VNC or Remote Desktop, initiate a file transfer over the network and then disconnect the session, I get an I/O error in Windows followed by an 'Array Acceleration write error'.

This error is reproducible.

The server will happily transfer data as long as the VNC session is active, but the moment it closes the error occurs.

I can initiate file transfer locally with no problems.

I know that the 6500 series doesn't officially support Server 2003, but this doesn't sound like an OS dependent error.

I have moved the card to slot 1, (non-hot plugable) after reading an announcement regarding cache write failures with sudden power loss, but this hasn't helped.

My next step will be to disable Array Acceleration and see if that helps. If not, then I have a spare Compaq 431 controller lying about which I will try.

Any suggestions?
4 REPLIES 4
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

Re: Array Acceleration fails when transfering files via VNC

You can try to play with Read/Write Options from array accelerator, however for me sound like a software problem resource allocation conflict or closing process.
Patrick Bushe
Occasional Advisor

I wonder if i could have an IRQ conflict... I know this server doesn't use ACPI.

I've tried using the array diagnostics util, but it wont even run when there is an error - a red box pops up saying write access has been permenantly disabled.

The only way to fix it is to remove the drives and perform an 'erase system', reboot to array config and add the drives one by one
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

Write access disabled, you might have battery problems or updates needed for Controller. Verify if you use latest driver and firmware, than run ADU
http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/21867.html. Also check if your Server up to date, it does support 2003
http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/locate/69_1105.html

Patrick Bushe
Occasional Advisor

using latest ROM and Support Package.

Can anyone else reproduce this?