ProLiant Servers - Netservers
1753797 Members
7399 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Array Configuration Utility on DL 580 G2 (again)

CA1367823

Array Configuration Utility on DL 580 G2 (again)

I had closed the previous related post as I thought it was resolved. The issue that I am having now is that while I have cleaned up the old no-longer-existent array, I am not able to see the newly created logical array in Windows Disk Managemnt. Reboots, shutdowns, and disk rescans do not help either. If I go into the Win32-based ACU, the array is there and everything appears to be functioning, but I am not able to see the drive to use it. Is there another step with this older version of the app that I am missing?
2 REPLIES 2
Kedd Guyton
Respected Contributor

Just a guess about your problem, but one thing to consider is that creation of a logical disk from the ACU is a two step process:
1) Assign the disks, and create the array.
2) From available space on the array, create the logical disk.

This is of course different in the ORCA where both occur. In other words the ORCA will automatically use all available space on the newly created array for the logical disk.

Perhaps when you created the array in the ACU, the logical disk didn't get created from available space in the array (step #2).
CA1367823

I went into disk manager this morning and it was there. It just took a really long time to update I guess.