ProLiant Servers - Netservers

Automating NIC Teaming on DL380 G5

Gaarindor
Occasional Advisor

Automating NIC Teaming on DL380 G5

Hi all.

Im wandering if anyone has a clue how to activate the 2 NICs in teaming using either VBScript or if there is a method during the installation of HPs 'Network Configuration Utility' to automate this process.

I have a VBScript that saves all the IP infomation, then installs the app, renames all the ethernet connections and then applies the IP infomation to the virtual NIC that gets created once they have been set to teaming in the NCU.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Justin
3 REPLIES 3
Gaarindor
Occasional Advisor

Re: Automating NIC Teaming on DL380 G5

I have found the answer!

Using a utility called 'cqniccmd.exe' that comes with the HP Network Configuration Utility you can save and load NIC teaming infomation and run it all in a script.

The utility should be located inside your HP server software directory under the NCU folder.

To view the commands that it is capable of go into CMD and run the utility with the help command afterwards;
'cqniccmd.exe /?'

Cheers,
Justin
mark q
Regular Advisor

Hi Justin,

I have a script that I use on top of this to put in the ip information for the network team (and only the network team)

this uses a combination of netsh and wmi to set the ip information, dns, wins etc and it will ask you the information if you want.

- renames the team to public team
- ask you the ip information
- pre-fills allot of the ip information
Gaarindor
Occasional Advisor

Hi mobious,

I just noticed you posted about it in another thread.
My script saves all the IP configuration that has already been manually placed at the begining of the w2k3 build... but that may come in handy if I require something similar in the future.
Thanks for letting me know :).

Cheers,
Justin