1752664 Members
5670 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Beeps

Bejamin
Occasional Advisor

Beeps

Hi, since a little while, the proliant 800 svr i own is beeping. Theses beeps arent happening when booting, they are actually happening when the OS is loaded(win2000)This is a non-stop 1 sec beep every 3 sec. I do not have any special event in the event viewer and the fans are all ok. I dont want to reboot it because the system is not back up.
Thanks for any suggestions.
10 REPLIES 10
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

start your troubleshooting from memory, bring it to minimum
Bejamin
Occasional Advisor

I'll have a look...
Bejamin
Occasional Advisor

Dr Watson didn't find something and I haven't been able to find any good memory tester. They all require to reboot the system. I'm still thinking the problem can be the memory. Have any suggestions for a memory test?
Thank you
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

If possibly by elimination, take system to minimum pull some memory modules after run with other pairs or module.
Video controller also might trick you with beep, and verify Processors (if dual run with one CPU at time). Are they original? Run F10 System Partition Update.
Bejamin
Occasional Advisor

Actually, I do not want to reboot the system. I havent reboot it since 60 days. I want to troubleshoot the problem without rebooting. I understand all the ways you suggested me but I have to keep it up.
Thank for suggesting.
I keep an eye on your replies.
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

Benjamin if you have some HW conflicts running diagnostics might cause system freeze and diagnostic can be not accurate. What about device manger, system LOG, any errors?
Bejamin
Occasional Advisor

I checked em all and nothing suspicious. I'm actually looking for a way to test the memory. I'll give you a feed back.
Tahnk you
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

IF system partition is Up to date with Diagnostic you can run from F10 or create a bootable diskette
http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/18396.html
Bejamin
Occasional Advisor

The point is that I don't want to reboot the server. I need to figure out what is the problem without rebooting the system. I don't want to reboot it and get a blue screen. No one seems to kown what are theses beeps about! I asked the memory company, e-mail HP, looked in knowledge DB, on the web, in communities...
Is there somebody who have ever heard about a 1 sec beep every 3 sec while the system is running(not the POST test)?! It just start beeping suddenly.
Thanx for helping!