1752794 Members
5986 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

BladeSystem C7000 Onboard Administrator

Geeko
Occasional Advisor

BladeSystem C7000 Onboard Administrator

After some issues with Firmware 1.2 (false Non-recoverable Error Messages on server blades)
i've installed the latest 1.3.

Now i still have unrecovered Serverblades and still this Non-recoverable Error Messages.

Reseting and hotswap the Active Onboard Administrator Board doesnt resolve this issue.

I cannot shutdown the whole BladeCenter.

How i can reset the entire iLO communication bus in the Bladecenter.
4 REPLIES 4
Harry Welten

Re: BladeSystem C7000 Onboard Administrator

I have the same problems with the administrator V1.3.
Geeko
Occasional Advisor

It seems that my config is stable now. But i had to plug out/in all the particular bladeservers.

Is there no way to reset the ILO on the Blades without shutting down the machine???

I've already tested:
Hot replug the Onboard Administrator Card in the BladeCenter,
Delete and reinstall the iLO interface in the devicemanager(W2K3)
but was not able to reset the Non-recoverable Error messages
CA1457910

This is said to have been repaired in the iLO firmware for the BladeServers.

In My environment, we have 15 bl465C's.
Version 1.30 of the iLo firmware resolved the non-recoverable error message after upgrading.

I am also running FW version 1.2 of the onboard administrator, since 1.3 makes my fans extremely loud, and becomes unresponsive after every 12-15 minutes.
user face

if it is the ilo connection that is gving you trouble i have had some luck by resetting ebipa for the affected ilos. uncheck the applicable boxes in the ebipa settings then click apply and then check the boxes again and apply once more. this seems to disconnect the ilo from the oa and allow the connection to resume once finished. not sure if i fully understand the situation though.