ProLiant Servers - Netservers
1752788 Members
5933 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Can not install DLT4000 in Proliant ML350G4p

Stefan Manolache

Can not install DLT4000 in Proliant ML350G4p

I try to install an DLT4000 in a Proliant ML350G4p server and was not recognize. Can enybody help me?
Thx,
Stefan
4 REPLIES 4
Stefan Manolache

After I install the DLT4000 in the server when I start the server, after the memory verification the server stop at this stage.
Carlos_61
Valued Contributor

check for the scsi plugs in both connectors, sometimes 2 pins fold up and make troubles w/system board and possibly hang up your server, i supose that u connect it in the SCSI Port 2, isn´t it? by the way check the DLT ID.
regards
Stefan Manolache

I wait more time in the SCSI device identification and after 20 minutes the DLT4000 was not recognized, the DLT4000 is SE type.
Carlos_61
Valued Contributor

http://www.storagesearch.com/lvdart.html

What if I Connect a SE Drive to an LVD Bus?

In a paragraph above it was noted that a multimode LVD device is compatible with a SE SCSI bus because the interface will switch from LVD to SE when it is connected to the SE bus. It works the other way also. If you have a multimode LVD bus and you connect a SE peripheral to it, the entire bus will switch to the SE mode. The data throughput to all LVD devices will be cut at least in half and there will be a drastic reduction in the maximum allowable SCSI cable length. We have yet to see an LVD SCSI host adapter or peripheral device that is not multimode LVD, but I am sure they exist somewhere, so be sure to check the SCSI device before you buy it and not just assume it is multimode LVD.

i still thinking that the trouble is the scsi cable...