5866 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Cannot register support contract

zenlord
Occasional Visitor

Cannot register support contract

Hi,

I recently purchased a new Proliant server for our SOHO, together with a support pack. But when I follow the link that is sent to me via email, there are several problems with the form:

https://h30125.www3.hp.com/csn/lcl/nl/salesmktg/elfpack/elf_enduser_main.asp?<and some more options in the link>

1) I have to select 'bulk' and then 'online registration' to see the 'next'-button

2) in the next screen, I can enter all the necessary data, but the 'preview'-button doesn't do anything: no preview and no errormessage is shown. I have tried entering more and less information, selecting a different option etc. but nothing really works.

I'm using firefox 3.5 on debian squeeze. So the browser should not be a problem...

How can I register mu support contract?

THX!

1 REPLY 1
zenlord
Occasional Visitor

Re: Cannot register support contract

I figured it out myself. Apparently the registration form is not handled correctly by iceweasel (firefox in Debian). Registering with chromium-browser worked with one little flaw: the registration certificate was rendered in the letter-format instead of the A4-format it claimed it should be.

A webform that is not working in firefox these days is a very bad webform...