1751949 Members
4664 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Cant Find Hard Drive ML 310

CA1322820

Cant Find Hard Drive ML 310

Hi

Just purchased Proliant ML310 with 72 Gig hard drive with integrated SATA RAID controller.

When booting with SmartStart 7.20 it does recognise the SATA controller and is not supported.

I've downloaded the latest drivers from the HP website and copied to floppy. When starting from Windows 2003 CD and pressing F6 to load driver it picks up the SATA driver fine but then says that there is no hard driver installed and aborts.

When the server boots up the SCSI device is present.

Any thoughts
Brian
2 REPLIES 2
Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

Re: Cant Find Hard Drive ML 310

Brian:

I have not had any experience with the integradted SATA controllers yet, but if they are anything like the Smart Array SCSi controllers, perhaps there is a BIOS setup utility where you can quickly create a logical drive, then run your WIndows Install. Reboot the server and look for a prompt to enter the setup utility. Once you have a logical drive defined, your Windows Install should find a disk to use.

Steven
Steven Clementi
HP Master ASE, Storage, Servers, and Clustering
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
VCP (ESX2, Vi3, vSphere4, vSphere5, vSphere 6.x)
RHCE
NPP3 (Nutanix Platform Professional)
CA1322820

Re: Cant Find Hard Drive ML 310

Hi

Thanks for the reply. Sounds like you are correct, only thing is I cannot find out how to enter BIOS setup. I've pressed every key at boot up without any joy. The only option at bootup is F9 to enter a rom setup but nothing in there to create a logical drive.

Brian