ProLiant Servers - Netservers

Compaq DL380(G1) does not initialize

CA1062959

Compaq DL380(G1) does not initialize

Hi, i became an Compaq DL380 (first Generation) with 866MHz PIII and RAID. When I power on this machine I become a blank screen and thats all. This machine does not initialize the SystemROM. On the troubleshouting site was the tip to inserting a SystemROM Flash Bootdisk before power on when the SystemROM seems to be defected. It doesnt help. Any Ideas or Solutions?

Thank for answers.

Frank Eichentopf
3 REPLIES 3
CA859951
Honored Contributor

Re: Compaq DL380(G1) does not initialize

Do you get any POST beeps? Does the video do anything... do you get even a flicker on the screen?

If you do not get these, I would suspect somthing is loose in the box, i.e., loose cable, RAM not seated completely, processor not seated. After that, you should get down to bench level, i.e., remove everything except the bare minimum RAM, Processor etc and see if you can get anythng. You may then have to replace the MainBoard. Make sure you get power to the fans and that drives spin up... could just be a bad power supply.
"Now is the only thing that's real!"
Ryan A. Hunter

I have similear issue, everything powers up except the video.

ANy ideas or schematics on the settings of the motherboard processor switches etc. would be awsome to find.
CA1243568

There is Dip switch on the motherboard, it calls SW2, one of settings is to disable onboard video, details are printed on the back of cover. Check if it is not disabled.