ProLiant Servers - Netservers
1753964 Members
7629 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Compaq ML370 G3 Fan Failure (1,2,3)

David Cleary

Compaq ML370 G3 Fan Failure (1,2,3)

My Compaq ML370 G3 is having fan issues.
Case fans 1, 2 and 3 dont fire, they just spasm (triger but dont run) and 4, 5 and 6 run fine. All fans are good, I have swaped between the green and amber ones. I have a spare server and have been changing out parts to include the Mother Board. Still no luck.
Anyone seen this before?
Just need to get it running to draw off a complete back up, then mothball.
7 REPLIES 7
Daniel Leblanc
Honored Contributor

Did you try checking with HomePageManagement with the agent install you're going to get alote more information on you're trouble.

Dan

PS:Dont ferget to apply you're points
David Cleary

The server will not fully boot, it gives a redundant fan error and shuts down.
Daniel Leblanc
Honored Contributor

Well i hate to be porter of bad news this sound like you're board is not seeing the fan,so the problem is the Motherboard.

If it would have been the tempature you could have set it up like this picture i have.

Dan

PS:Don't ferget to apply you're points ,there situated next to every message in this thread, next to date and time has UNASSIGNED
David Cleary

Nice picture!
Unfortunately I have 2 motherboards and both are experiancing the same. I thought it might be something else if both were having the same issue.

I just need fans 1,3 and 5 to run, and only 4, 5 and 6 are running.

Thank you for the effort.
Daniel Leblanc
Honored Contributor

Mmm...did you try upgrade firmware?
Kedd Guyton
Respected Contributor

A few times I've seen the pins on the system board for the fans bent meaning a working fan could be inserted and still not start.
DT599

I have been experiencing this exact problem. The way I got my server to boot this morning was only use 3 fans (1,3,6) I know 5 is a primary but would not work for me. With the three fans in place and cover off the server, start the boot process. If only one of the CPU fans starts(fans 1 or 3) pull it out enought to disconnect it and then quickly reset (pull out and push in) the other CPU fan. as soon as the second cpu fan starts spinning push the first one back in. good Luck